Lava glitch

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
Fred583
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Fred583

19 May 2019, 22:18

Hi. I was in the nether and I died. I thought" no big deal, my stuff won't burn". But when in got there, all my valuables were gone. I put them in a shulker and picked it up before I died. I got all the netherack that was in my inventory, but no shulker. Keep in mind that I picked up all the netherack, and it was in a contained area, so it did NOT despawn Please help, and Blanchdog also witnessed this.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends".
Fred583
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit

20 May 2019, 16:28

24 hour bump
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends".
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

21 May 2019, 14:23

You died from falling, once from lava.

I could not find anything to support it being server side. Most likely things started despawning due to time. In your lava death you did unlock drops, were the missing items in you inventory when you died in the lava or were you still trying to get them from when you died before?
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
Fred583
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit

21 May 2019, 18:05

I had died, but got all my stuff back. The 2nd time, I had fallen in a contained area with lava. That time Blanchdog went in with fire resistance, and only got the netherack, so it didn't despawn.
hoost
Senior
Senior

21 May 2019, 18:16

Unfortunately by the time you did /unlockdrops it was basically the 5 minute mark when things start despawning. It's lucky they got some things but anything they couldn't get is unfortunately a loss.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
Fred583
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit

21 May 2019, 18:30

I still should have gotten it, it had not been 5 minutes. I was recording and it had only been 2 1/2 minutes
hoost
Senior
Senior

21 May 2019, 18:46

4 Minutes 51 seconds. That is the time from your death to when you did /unlockdrops. And it was 4 minutes 56 seconds when you acknowledged to Blanchdog that they were then unlocked.

At 5 minutes 12 seconds Blanchdog asked "did you die up there or down here?"

At 5 minutes 19 seconds you responded by saying "down".

I looked into the matter, went to the site in the nether, checked records there, then separately checked server logs and did not see anything abnormal server side. Unfortunately whatever despawned is gone and will not be replaced.
Fred583
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit

21 May 2019, 20:35

That cannot be right. I'm sorry, but all of my programs say 2 minute 36 second when I indicated they were unlocked. Server logs are always late. I'm sorry, but that is the truth.
hoost
Senior
Senior

21 May 2019, 20:50

The threshold for getting items replaced is very, very high.

Even if it was the times you say, there was nothing going on with the server to indicate it wasn't performing correctly.

The times I gave you are off of actual server log times.

I investigated this how I would want someone to investigate if I were in their shoes, please take consolation in this.

I am locking this thread as the denial final. If you need it reopened as you have new information that germane please pm here and I will reopen it.