Major Land Flattening

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
Munchkin
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

Today, after spending some time in the Jinglebells region, I went back to my wilderness region to find that almost the entirety of the savanna biome, that had my base on, was flattened (the flattened land starts at about z = -1438 in a continous line, strangely leaving an area floating from a certain level) Also, the extent of this damage goes outside of my own claims. I mention this because I am aware that claims will dissapear if the player concerned has been absent from the server for about 60 days without a hiatus request. I have not been away for any more than about 2 weeks at a time returning for a few days. (My mock GCSE exam period before coming back then a break over Christmas and the New Year). I am not entirely sure when this has happened but I believe it would have happened within the second 2 week period I was away (Christmas time) as it was there after I returned from my exams on Tuesday 11th December 2019.

Floki_Raven kindly had a look and initially looked like a senior had used world edit to flatten it as it goes well past the region I had my base in. They then when on to later say that since it was going through regions it might have been 'biome regeneration' going a bit crazy. They said that they have posted about it however I have been unable to find it here (hence why this post has been created to raise awareness), I assume the issue was shared privately amoung the team here or on Discord.

Please could someone assist me in what has happened here. Thanks

Munchkin (IGN: Munchkinnibbler)

PS:
I replied on the
Claim keeps disappearing
post, without realising and have since cleared my responses to help ease the reading of the post. Sorry
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

Some of the seniors are looking into it. Looks like it was pretty massive glitch. if I recall right, you lost a mending book and a llama?
Floki_Raven

I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood, and i have no problem with going out the same way.
Munchkin
Hermit
Hermit

Yes, thank you for your help Yesterday, it seems everything has been restored back to how its was. None of the chests have their contents but I assume nothing can be done about that. Yes, I did loose 1 mending book but it was 5 llamas rather then 1. This is going to sound strange but 4 of the llamas were from travelling villagers and the final was just a llama. Don't worry too much though. Many thanks again.
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

Im sure Laya can help with the llamas. She is a llama fanatic. :D
Floki_Raven

I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood, and i have no problem with going out the same way.
Munchkin
Hermit
Hermit

Thanks, I have now recieved the llamas (she had a lot of them so I can see what you mean by a llama fanatic :D ) and mending book. However I noticed a similar (but not the same) thing in SouthTown Yesterday. If you go right out of the region pole area you will find what was, at one stage, my old base but I have since given it to m0w0ty6. Anyway, the issue is that Yesterday morning (about 9-10am GMT) I was showing another player where my old base was and we found it to be almost competely gone. It's no where near as bad as what I had but it's still very noticeable. Some of the stuff remains there but for the most part is all of it gone. For example, torches which were against walls are now just floating. As well as this m0w0ty6's claims have been removed as well (which I understand is an ongoing issue). I don't know when this has happened and when the last time m0w0ty6 last logged in but I thought it was worth raising to potentially fix the issue.

HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

Indeed looking into this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
YuriLuvr
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: YuriLuvr

area effected was regened and restored by cobbett, locking topic
I lie to myself all the time, but i never believe me