Dying by landing on a half slab.

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: kmfoley3

15 Mar 2019, 23:11

Idk if this glitch only happens to me but everyonce in a while when I come in on elytra and land on half slabs even with full health and very gently I die the instant I touch the half slabs. Again It only happens everyonce in a while so it’s not to big a deal cause I’m usually in my own region/areas I have trust too but if I landed and died on let’s say someone’s mob farm with half slabs on top I wouldn’t be able to get my stuff, which would make me quite a sad human. Thank you. Sincerely-kmfoley3
You can’t be your neighborhood friendly hermit if there’s no neighborhood.
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

16 Mar 2019, 01:58

It might relate to how you can go in to the flat swimming mode, at least when it's raining. When it rains you are counted as being in water so if you are near a conduit it's effects above water are felt and if you have a trident with riptide you can fly above water.

But flying is inherently dangerous and almost all deaths or issues that arise are disclaimed unless there is a clear server error. And even then it is a very high bar.

Added in 17 minutes 20 seconds:
And their issue, as I assume your post is in response to Fred583's 'glitch'., is not a problem that is addressable a it is not server side. The biggest issue for Fred583 was the fact that it was was too remote for them to get back to easily before their stuff despawned.

They got up to 245+ block height by flying with a trident with riptide and crashed at level 230. So regardless of anything else it was a pretty risky flying undertaking that they did.

Flying death issues are for the most part not compensatable. There is just too much stuff that happens and it really would be every other day us having to chase these things down because people allege something happened outside of their control. That is why all end deaths are not actionable upon and why mos flying deaths have a very high requirement for compensation, and that is only when it clearly a server side issue that was unique and unforeseen.

It is nice to try and help Fred583 and thank you for calling attention to this glitch you have experience. I personally have never experienced it. Also, even if every going forward even more people experience this issue you described, and lose elytras because of it, it is not a issue that will cause anything lost to be replaced.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: kmfoley3

16 Mar 2019, 16:11

Uhh...wasn’t referring to him dying, he didn’t have elytra so idk how he died. I was just sayin cause I’ll go into land on a half slab and as soon as I touch it I die instantly. It’s rlly annoying and frankly kinda scary if I were to be in someone else’s claim that I don’t have trust too. Again it doesn’t happen that often but when it does it’s incredibly annoying, inconvenient and a lil stressful. I haven’t lost anything to this glitch, at least not yet, I’m just trying to prevent people from dying and losing their stuff in the future when they did nothing wrong. Thank you-knfoley3
You can’t be your neighborhood friendly hermit if there’s no neighborhood.
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

16 Mar 2019, 19:25

I honestly am very careful when I fly. Elytra losses are basically disclaimed in almost all circumstances as they are relatively unreliable compared to other things.

There are many glitches that can happen when using elytras so us trying to tell people everyone of them is not feasible.

But I do recommend researching it further to fully defining it and submitting it as a bug to Mojang here: https://bugs.mojang.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?