Villager Disappearance

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
ACommence
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: ACommence

26 Jun 2019, 16:20

Dear Admin,

Today;6/26/2019,in my own region,I was with Loaphs and ExplosiveBambi,we were planning a villager breeder,and we had 2 ready villagers,then we needed one more.I found a zombie villager and locked him up in a fully secure blocked room.Loaphs came to help and healed the zombie villager using the weakness potion and a gapple.After that,we all went back to where we left off,and each one was busy with something.I had almost finished my villager breeder,and I went to check on the villagers.The 2 villagers were just fine,but when I opened the other room,the other villager had disappeared completely.I roamed around the entire region,land to ocean,no villagers or zombie villagers at all were there.The villager couldn't have despawned,because he was a healed zombie,and villagers basically don't despawn.
How can I get him back without having to struggle again?I need him!
He was a leatherworker to be exact.

Thank you,
ACommence
Cobbett
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: Cobbett

27 Jun 2019, 19:58

Unfortunately while villagers aren't supposed to despawn, there are some old bugs in Minecraft that can cause entities to become invisible or vanish completely and affects entities near chunk boundaries in particular.
ACommence
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: ACommence

01 Jul 2019, 08:12

Thank you for informing me of that,I'll be sure to keep any villager related buildings safe from chunk edges.