Reset the Nether Please

You can talk about anything here.
XPRTGM3RYT
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: NotYourAvrgSteve

07 Feb 2019, 21:57

i think there should be a resource world for the nether and the end
what i mean by that is one where people can build farms and stuff for the permanant one and for the resource nether and ends, they get reset quite often (im so sick of just finding same old end cities and never finding new ones)
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

08 Feb 2019, 00:40

We already have a resource end
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: kmfoley3

20 Feb 2019, 09:15

HayanTokki wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 00:40
We already have a resource end
Wld it be hard/cause a lot of lag if a resource nether were created. Cause if not I believe it wld be in everyone’s interests because it would make some hermits (mine) lives much easier. Ty-kmfoley3.
You can’t be your neighborhood friendly hermit if there’s no neighborhood.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

20 Feb 2019, 12:21

Cobbett wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 12:39
There are enough extra dimensions already, a nether resource world isn't going to happen. What we can do is keep the center regions (everything inside +/- 512) but reset everything else occasionally. We have completely reset the nether once before, but that's an extreme thing to do as it removes everyone's nether portals.
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

21 Feb 2019, 08:53

Ok sounds good! Ty-kmfoley3
XPRTGM3RYT
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: NotYourAvrgSteve

22 Feb 2019, 20:08

i NEED a resource nether
all the builds im planning...
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

22 Feb 2019, 20:29

Resetting is not ideal. Far better solution is for an admin shop maybe to trade for the nether resources that might be scarcer. But really there are still lots of quantites of everything.

But to have to redo portals and all the farms really is not a great solution. I mean I started making builds in the nether and I understand that eventually it may get reset, but I was basing it off the last server and we went many years before resetting the nether and thought we could enjoy the same timeline here.

Anyway, maybe being able to trade for glowstones and maybe quartz should be thought about.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

23 Feb 2019, 08:01

That sounds perfect, and yeaaa the overworks portals if they could be redone would be amazing because I have two nether portals in my region, one right next to the pole and for some reason it always puts me back in Decaff’s or Nebben’s region when I try to get back from the nether. Ty-kmfoley3
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

23 Feb 2019, 14:13

That is why I am not inclined to reset. Portals are not fun doing. So to get rid of them is not something that should be done lightly. That issue you describe is because you are later to the game, so pre-existing portals are stronger/established connection. You can fix your set-up by moving your portal farther away, that way it will not want to auto link to the one it feels is closest.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

23 Feb 2019, 14:46

Is there a way to make it so that portals work like they would in a regular solo game because the portals I’m talking about are about 150 blocks apart and for me to move it would most likely either connect it to a different nether portal or be so far out of the way that it’s a pain, if not it’s fine I can manage, I’m just saying it’s kinda annoying. Thank you-kmfoley3