Reset the Nether Please

You can talk about anything here.
nebben2
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: nebben2

04 Dec 2018, 12:06

The only issue I can foresee is the increased resources the server would require to run it. Perhaps make the real nether smaller to compensate? All depends on hayan
Antidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Junior
Minecraft Name: _K_A_R_M_A_

04 Dec 2018, 14:39

Depends on the team for having to upkeep it, enforce rules, and monitor it. Im sure xrayers can xray for quartz -.-
“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.“
-Wayne Dyer
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

04 Dec 2018, 15:02

I also like nether resoource as well. Would it be peaceful like the other resouces?
In swine we trust.
Floki_Raven
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: kmfoley3

16 Dec 2018, 16:39

As I said perviously I would love a resource nether world, but if that is impossible I suggest maybe putting a cap on the number of blocks u can have claimed in the nether cause frankly there are some hermits with obnoxiously large claims in the nether that make it significantly harder to find resources such as Quartz. Thank you-kmfoley3
You can’t be your neighborhood friendly hermit if there’s no neighborhood.
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

17 Dec 2018, 11:01

Welp, I would highly suggest you mine into the netherrack. There is literally tons of quartz there.

Claims are only obnoxious if the person who has the claim has done nothing with it or has no valid reason to continue having it.

To that end there are still lots of all resources available for players to get in the nether. The problem is they don't want to excerpt effort to get it. That is literally the only thing. I can go into any nether portal and within 15 minutes, with no elytra, still get whatever blocks I need.

I think a resource nether is a good idea though and should be explored.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
Bergmannmeister
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Bergmannmeister

27 Dec 2018, 12:44

Although, I've never given it much thought before, it sounds like a good idea.
I am afraid though, this will deprive Nether from much of its personality, <in lack of a better word>
:shock:
:mrgreen:
lieuwe_berg
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: lieuwe_berg

27 Dec 2018, 13:46

I went quartz hunting with kolas a few days ago and we found more than enough quartz. It's not hard to find, just don't only walk on the giant platforms and don't only take that which is right at your feet.
https://imgur.com/a/xg3zw6y
BlockHermit memories
Kolas
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: kolas32613

03 Jan 2019, 12:28

Strip mining in nether works great since the ore clusters are rather large. Just be a little more careful about lava and floor.
Finding answers to your questions is a part of the Blockhermit experience.
VeloPlays
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: VeloPlaysGames

18 Jan 2019, 19:21

I found one stack of quartz blocks and 1 stack of lava blocks in about 5 minutes of mining, so i think there's plenty of resources in the neather still.
"Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure."
Cobbett
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: Cobbett

20 Jan 2019, 12:39

There are enough extra dimensions already, a nether resource world isn't going to happen. What we can do is keep the center regions (everything inside +/- 512) but reset everything else occasionally. We have completely reset the nether once before, but that's an extreme thing to do as it removes everyone's nether portals.