Establishment of the UBH (United BlockHermits)

You can talk about anything here.
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: kmfoley3

03 Feb 2019, 09:36

I (Kmfoley3) am spearheading the establishment of the UBH (United BlockHermits) with the help/support from the mayors/regions of Hobbit, Pass, Dragonrock and NewNewYork(Me). The UBH is essentially the Blockhermit version of the United Nations. We are establishing the UBH with the goal of helping hermits and making the server more friendly/enjoyable for all hermits. The UBH will organize community events/builds, and will have a community storeroom that Representatives(Mayors) of accepted regions may deposit/take items as they see fit. The main body of the UBH is the General Assembly. The General Assembly votes on which events/builds should be carried out, conflicts between regions, which regions to accept, the location of the UBH HQ. The General assembly consists of Representatives(mayors) from all regions that have been accepted to the UBH. The General Assembly also votes on the President of the UBH on a Bi-monthly basis. The President of the UBH decides what the focus of the UBH should be for the time that he or she is in charge. The General Assembly always contains an odd number of representatives, and decides which/what mayors get a reward for helping the UBH/server as a whole. Voting in the UBH works as such, Mayors have one vote/veto/abstain on every matter, even if they are mayor of two regions. If a mayor should have two regions he/she must vote in the best interests of the community region they are mayor of. If a mayor should be banned, their region's vote will be nullified until the mayor is unbanned or another representative has been chosen. When voting on matters which ever side has at least a 50% majority wins the vote. If a region believes that a mayor is not representing their best interests they may hold elections to select another representative. In order for a vote to begin at least 25% of the General Assembly Representatives must be present. The General Assembly will also vote on the admission of regions to to the UBH. In order for a region to join the UBH a region the region must apply to the UBH, the region must be named, follow the rules/guidelines set by UBH, have done at least 3 hours of community service for the UBH and have gotten at least 50% the vote from the General Assembly for them to join. Once a region is accepted a representative from that region must do at least 1 hour a week of community service for the UBH. The General Assembly will also decide the market price/exchange rates for certain items/goods. In order for regions to stay in the UBH regions must uphold the rules/guidelines set by the General Assembly. The General Assembly will decide the location of the Headquarters of the UBH. The HQ contains the community store room and the rewards for selected mayors/regions. The Community storeroom will be completely free for mayors of accepted regions to deposit/take items from as they see fit. The lands surrounding the UBH will be devoted to the UBH's farms and events. If you are the mayor of a named region and you are interested in joining the UBH/have any advice or want to voice your opinion on this matter please let me know. A meeting between all accepted regions, to iron out all the kinks will be set for a later date but ATM there is no set date for this meeting. Thank you and come support the UBH!
You can’t be your neighborhood friendly hermit if there’s no neighborhood.
lolman13000
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: lolman13000

03 Feb 2019, 16:29

Hey, this sounds intriguing!
I would be interested in joining, but I have 2 questions:
1-I do not own and am not a part of any community region, I have a private one, would I still be able to join?
2-If I can join without having a community region, where and when can I do my "at least 3 hours of community service for the UBH"?

thx,
lolman13000
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

03 Feb 2019, 18:03

Of course you can join! All regions are welcome, and your 3 hours can be spent doing anything that may help UBH such as resource gathering, building a farm, etc. However all the details have not been ironed out quite yet so I wouldn't get ahead of yourself.
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

03 Feb 2019, 18:08

Well, now that its defined in such deep detail, i am not sure I have the time to do all your requirements. I like the concept, but this is intense. Especially with my new position as Prince Consort to Queen Janey at DragonRock, I am not sure I can manage community service. On top of that the coming war. Im sorry, I choose Queen Janey over UBH.
In swine we trust.
Floki_Raven
nebben2
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: nebben2

04 Feb 2019, 02:43

I’d love to join, however I would have to abstain from anything remotely involved with the war due to my bowing to queen Janey

I am mayor of Canyon
Antidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
jasonjr11
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: sahishnuplays

04 Feb 2019, 03:49

as itold u kmfoley pls restrain this for abit once things have settled we could push this off into work. And as told earlier HQ is in hobbit
Ty your
Emperor
All ways be honest as it is the best policy.
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior

04 Feb 2019, 08:29

The war does not affect UBH directly, its just going to be another time suck, building reinforcements, traps etc.
In swine we trust.
Floki_Raven
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

04 Feb 2019, 14:29

Floki_Raven wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 18:08
Well, now that its defined in such deep detail, i am not sure I have the time to do all your requirements. I like the concept, but this is intense. Especially with my new position as Prince Consort to Queen Janey at DragonRock, I am not sure I can manage community service. On top of that the coming war. Im sorry, I choose Queen Janey over UBH.
Community service does not necessarily have to be done by you, it could be a collective of people from your region, such as 2 people working on a build for 30 minutes would equate to 1 hour, or one person from your region doing something like resource gathering for the UBH for an hour. Also Queen_Janey has agreed to join the UBH.

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
nebben2 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 02:43
I’d love to join, however I would have to abstain from anything remotely involved with the war due to my bowing to queen Janey

I am mayor of Canyon
The UBH does not involve the war and Queen_Janey has agreed to join the UBH.

Added in 3 minutes 7 seconds:
jasonjr11 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 03:49
as itold u kmfoley pls restrain this for abit once things have settled we could push this off into work. And as told earlier HQ is in hobbit
Ty your
Emperor
The HQ’s location will be determined by the general assembly. Also you are not my emperor. XD
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior

04 Feb 2019, 18:13

I am not certain I can force my members to work for you. I have enough trouble getting them to work for me.
In swine we trust.
Floki_Raven
kmfoley3
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

04 Feb 2019, 20:12

Floki_Raven wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 18:13
I am not certain I can force my members to work for you. I have enough trouble getting them to work for me.
I don’t want them to work for me. I just want everyone to contribute, if it’s really that big of a deal we can lower it or even get rid of it completely. I just thought it wld be an easy way to get supplies while also show us that regions/ppl are committed to making this work.