How do i sell or buy stuff?

Need tutorials on how to build something? Click here!
LayaElisabeth
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: LayaElisabeth

10 Oct 2018, 23:53

• There are Playershops which can easily be setup and used by players. This is done with signs from Essentials.
  • Then we also have Adminshops (more information to come)
Playershops

We use [trade] signs. They allow players to trade; items for items, money for items (selling) or items for money (buying). This allows players to use ingame money, but also allows for directly trading stuff without needing currency for those who like it more vanilla or don't feel like selling items for money to buy other items.
For example; you can use a trade sign to trade 10 Dirt for R100 and another to trade R100 for 1 Diamond, or you can make a trade sign to directly trade 10 Dirt for 1 Diamond.

1. [Trade]
  2. What you want
  3. What you are giving away
  4. Blank= this line needs to stay EMPTY. Essentials will automatically put the name of the sign owner here.
How to use?

-buying: '$<amount> or 'R<amount>' is used for money. The amount can be any positive value.
-buying: '<amount> <item>' is used for items. Write the quantity and the item you want to buy. (ex: '10 dirt' or '64 apple')

Selling may seem tricky, but is very simple if you pay attention;
-selling: '<amount> <item>: <total> is the amount and item you want to give out, followed by ':total'. This 'total' will be your stock and can be more than 1 stack.
Ex: if you want to sell 64 Dirt per sets of 4 you type '4 dirt:64'. This will need you to have a stack of dirt in your inventory.
-selling: '$/R<amount>:<total> is the amount of money you will be using. <amount> is what you want to spend per sale and <total> is the total worth of money you want to spend on what you buy.
Ex: if you want to spend R400 in 4 payments of R100 you type 'R100:400". This will require you to have R400 on your bank (/bal).
  • The server currency is Rhines(R), if you use a '$' sign, it will be changed to 'R' upon creating the sign.
  • The sign acts like a chest or vault; you must have the money or items you want to trade in your inventory or bank (/bal) and the <total> you give up will be taken from your inventory or bank.
  • The sign will retain sales; if someone uses a sign to buy items from you, the money or items they pay with will be deducted from them and stored in the sign.
  • Right clicking the sign by the owner collects the items/cash stored in the sign.
  • Right clicking the sign by the owner with the item being sold, will restock the sign with more items.
  • BEWARE:Anybody else right clicking the sign will buy the items being sold, if they have the 'cost' on them.

Example:
Player llaya has a stock of 442 Coal ore blocks and sells them per 1 for 1 iron ingot.
Player llaya sold 3 Coal ore blocks for 3 iron ingots. The iron ingots are being held by the sign (:3 on line 2) and 3 coal ores have been taken from the stock leaving the total at 439.
If llaya right-clicks the sign, she will collect her profits or 3 iron ingots.

If things are unclear you can watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtEE_f410x0

*Items with metadata cannot be sold! This includes but is not restricted to: enchanted items, lack in durability, ...
** Essentials hasn't completely caught up with 1.13.1 yet. As of yet none of the 1.13 items/blocks can be sold as they are not recognised.
*** Some things might change as we go along or if we find a better working plugin to take over the signshops.
****This post is under construction. It just gives the information we currently have at hand and can be changed when nessecary.
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

11 Oct 2018, 11:04

Can this be setup like a mailbox/donation, which bought any item for free?
In swine we trust.
Floki_Raven
LayaElisabeth
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: LayaElisabeth

11 Oct 2018, 17:06

Just tested, Quantities have to be greater than 0. So at least 1.
AwCrivins
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: AwCrivins

24 Oct 2018, 21:33

As I was just helping someone else with this problem I thought it would be good to post the information here.

Rather than using item names, it is possible to use the item code.
Let's look at dark wool for an example.

if we do

[trade]
1 ironbar
1 darkwool 64
(blank)

We would make a sign that trades 1 out of 64 dark wool for 1 iron bar.

Now the Item code for Darkwool is 35:8 but we can't use a colon with the sign, so we have to use a comma.

[trade]
1 ironbar
1 35,8 64
(blank)

We would again make a sign that trades 1 out of 64 dark wool for 1 iron bar.

This can be really helpful for items with long names.

The only drawback is that unless you know the code you may not know what you are buying, so please be sure to place the sign on an example block.

So were I to make the dark wool sign I would want to place the sign on a block of dark wool so people would be able to see what they should get.
Everything starts somewhere, although many physicists disagree. -Terry Pratchett
TheMasterGamer
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: TheMasterGamer06

28 Oct 2018, 06:58

I can't fit 16 baked potato:192 into the 3rd line, if I go to the 4th line, it says error:null
I used to think I'm indecisive, but I'm not too sure now.
lieuwe_berg
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: lieuwe_berg

28 Oct 2018, 12:22

Try
16 393
https://imgur.com/a/xg3zw6y
BlockHermit memories
TheMasterGamer
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: TheMasterGamer06

29 Oct 2018, 06:55

lieuwe_berg wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 12:22
Try
16 393
what dyou mean?
I used to think I'm indecisive, but I'm not too sure now.
Midnight_Blade
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Midnight_Blade

29 Oct 2018, 07:28

Try 16 393: price, 16 is your amount, 393 is the item code, they implemented that Incase you wanted to sell something with a long name and couldn’t fit it
No one can make you change who you are in a positive way, the real change, the good choices, have to start with you.
Decaff_42
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Decaff_42

11 Nov 2018, 17:43

Is there an upper limit to how many items you can put into the signs?

For example, I'm trying to create a sign to sell Cocoa Beans. The item code for this is 351,3.
When I enter:
[Trade]
1 diamond
64 351,1:1536
I get an error saying:
Error: You do not have 1,536x cocoabeans.
In my inventory I have 24 stacks of Cocoa Beans. 24*64 = 1536.
Even with an extra stack of Cocoa Beans in my inventory, I get the same error message.
Midnight_Blade
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Midnight_Blade

11 Nov 2018, 18:44

Don’t you need to link the sign to a chest? And doesn’t it need to be in that chest, that’s how it was in the old world
No one can make you change who you are in a positive way, the real change, the good choices, have to start with you.