- There are Playershops which can easily be setup and used by players. This is done with signs from Essentials.
- Then we also have Adminshops (more information to come)
We use [trade] signs. They allow players to trade; items for items, money for items (selling) or items for money (buying). This allows players to use ingame money, but also allows for directly trading stuff without needing currency for those who like it more vanilla or don't feel like selling items for money to buy other items.
For example; you can use a trade sign to trade 10 Dirt for R100 and another to trade R100 for 1 Diamond, or you can make a trade sign to directly trade 10 Dirt for 1 Diamond.
- What you want
- What you are giving away
- Blank= this line needs to stay EMPTY. Essentials will automatically put the name of the sign owner here.
-buying: '$<amount> or 'R<amount>' is used for money. The amount can be any positive value.
-buying: '<amount> <item>' is used for items. Write the quantity and the item you want to buy. (ex: '10 dirt' or '64 apple')
Selling may seem tricky, but is very simple if you pay attention;
-selling: '<amount> <item>: <total> is the amount and item you want to give out, followed by ':total'. This 'total' will be your stock and can be more than 1 stack.
Ex: if you want to sell 64 Dirt per sets of 4 you type '4 dirt:64'. This will need you to have a stack of dirt in your inventory.
-selling: '$/R<amount>:<total> is the amount of money you will be using. <amount> is what you want to spend per sale and <total> is the total worth of money you want to spend on what you buy.
Ex: if you want to spend R400 in 4 payments of R100 you type 'R100:400". This will require you to have R400 on your bank (/bal).
- The server currency is Rhines(R), if you use a '$' sign, it will be changed to 'R' upon creating the sign.
- The sign acts like a chest or vault; you must have the money or items you want to trade in your inventory or bank (/bal) and the <total> you give up will be taken from your inventory or bank.
- The sign will retain sales; if someone uses a sign to buy items from you, the money or items they pay with will be deducted from them and stored in the sign.
- Right clicking the sign by the owner collects the items/cash stored in the sign.
- Right clicking the sign by the owner with the item being sold, will restock the sign with more items.
- BEWARE:Anybody else right clicking the sign will buy the items being sold, if they have the 'cost' on them.
Player llaya has a stock of 442 Coal ore blocks and sells them per 1 for 1 iron ingot.
Player llaya sold 3 Coal ore blocks for 3 iron ingots. The iron ingots are being held by the sign (:3 on line 2) and 3 coal ores have been taken from the stock leaving the total at 439.
If llaya right-clicks the sign, she will collect her profits or 3 iron ingots.
If things are unclear you can watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtEE_f410x0
*Items with metadata cannot be sold! This includes but is not restricted to: enchanted items, lack in durability, ...
** Essentials hasn't completely caught up with 1.13.1 yet. As of yet none of the 1.13 items/blocks can be sold as they are not recognised.
*** Some things might change as we go along or if we find a better working plugin to take over the signshops.
****This post is under construction. It just gives the information we currently have at hand and can be changed when nessecary.