Placment problems...

You can talk about anything here.
lolman13000
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: lolman13000

29 Jan 2019, 22:26

Let's start at the beginning, a few months ago, the server reset, so I decided to make physical plans for my next base. I decided it would be a castle, cliche right? I made loads of calculations, fitting everything in place, making sure all the roads connected correctly and everything was placed strategically and logically. Of course this took many drafts and loads of anger issues (because there is always something wrong/missing).
Now a month or two ago, I started, for real. Flattening out the terrain, teranforming the rough edges, making an outer line, cutting hundreds of trees (before the lumberjack mod). It was all going great, until, Railway.
Railway is a region south of mine (temple), that interferes with my plans, because, and I admit it, the exterior castle wall goes about 40 blocks past my 200 block radius from my pole. But I came in agreement with Mended, Railway's mayor. We came to the conclusion that, since his public region seemed to be heading the medieval way, it could fit with my castle, these houses being the ones just outside the castle wall. In exchange, I promised that I would slightly modify my plans and put the gate to my castle on the south end, instead of my planned north end.
Of course, Railway being a public region, it's hard to pass information to everyone, and so, HolyCow's iron farm was now going to interfere with my wall, that's fixed now. He said it was just a starter iron farm and we came to the arrangement that by the time I build my way to that side, we would take it down and I even offered to help build his next one. Then jonazzen's house was RIGHT where the gate was going to go, so I left a few sighs asking mended to kindly ask him to move, I presume either he did, or jonazzen saw the message himself.
Until today, there where no complaints about this idea of combining these two regions. Now I have been asked by Xayer and Queen Janey to move back my wall back into my 200 block region border, I am being ripped apart, one side of me wants to be the good guy and say "NP!", but on the other hand, this would be a HUGE inconvenience for me. Especially because I have already gone through so many plans for my castle, and since I can't move my region pole, it would be in a totally different place according to my castle (not sure if that makes any sense to you all), it would mean that I need to redesign and recalculate EVERYTHING. Please Note: THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT! I am just trying to figure an other way around this, I blame no one but myself for this problem.

So I politely either ask that Mended responds to this, so we can come to a different agreement, one that everyone in his region is O.K. with.
Or that someone kindly moves my whole base north about 60 blocks (please don't do it right away, I still need to calculate by how much...).
If it does come to either cut and pasting my base north or me needing to do it myself, there is, what I like to call, the twin towers north of my base (too close in fact). I checked today, and it seems that those towers are in my region. So if I need to move, that will interfere even more and something will need to be done about it, but if we can find an agreement (Mended? I'm talking to you?) the towers really don't bother me at all.

Thx,
-lolman13000

P.S. Once again, this is not a complaint, I'm just trying to find a simple (getting more complicated) way out of this situation. And I am not mad at Mended, Xayer, Janey, or anyone in Railwail and any senior, I am the only one to blame for not seeing this coming.
Another P.S. Mended, or anyone else I mentioned, if any of the information I showed here, is, from your point of view, incorrect, please notify me.

Longest post I have and will (hopefully) make.
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

30 Jan 2019, 02:49

Moving that large a structure would be a heavily difficult task for us. You are doing the correct thing by trying to figure out the details with the mayor though, so carry on.
World_Of_Janey
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Queen_Janey

02 Feb 2019, 10:28

Lolman, you are encroaching upon a community region, a region that many people have to share, when you have an entire region to yourself! So stay within it, you have already been told by a senior (LayaElisabeth) to move and you acknowledged this and agreed to move, but instead you have placed a claim around your build in railway and have posted this, you have already been given an answer by a senior, so please accept it, you have an entire region to build in so please don’t take space from another region, restricting other people’s builds.
Xayer
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Xayer

02 Feb 2019, 10:35

I've played on the server for a little over a month, and is resposible for alot of the work done in Railway with help from Mended of course.

The only reason why we became upset, was because Jonazzen thought he was just acting by the rules
and therefor had to take down his entire house (he doesn't play alot so it's alot of work to tear your house down).

LayaElisabeth kindly removed the signs from Jonazzen's space after Jonazzen had ragously moved.

What I do not understand, which I've voiced to you in-game is why didn't you just claim that area to start with?
Why did you have to claim the area now? After Railway was starting to blossom?

It'd have been easy for me to avoid that area to begin with, which I did.
However new people to the server like HolyCow and Jonazzen was simply going by the rules.

I would like to note that I've tried to get ahold of Mended through Discord, and told him about the issue on the 24th of January, but have not heard from him since.
I believe this is due to some personal issues of his, which is besides the point.

I believe we can find a solution, but what I do not understand is that going in AFTER you were told by a senior to leave it alone, to go ahead and claim the area afterwards....Instead of asking me again... I've been online almost everyday since I joined so..
lolman13000
Hermit
Hermit

03 Feb 2019, 16:21

Ease of!
I already heard you two complain about this, OK?
As I previously mentioned, the error was a MISCALCULATION of my part, it's true I am the one to blame for all this trouble, I admit it, but there's no need to make me feel worse than I do already. I know very well that Jonazzen had to destroy his house, I know that HolyCow isn't thrilled about moving his iron farm either, I'm also fully aware that this is causing trouble for the rest of railway too, and I'M SORRY! There I said it. To all of you.
Meanwhile, I am waiting for either Mended to to came back and talk, or HayanTokki to respond about if it will be possible to move my base (and maybe the twin towers?) or not.

Thx,
lolman13000

P.S. We are talking about 24 blocks here, it's not the end of the world, is it? I am not one to pick a fight, but, while we're at it, the "Twin towers" are in my region, and that is quite a large structure, (read this next part with a Shrek voice) you don't see me crying and yelling all over the place about that now, do ya?

May I just say, I only asked Mended or HayanTokki to respond, the rest was only if I told the story wrong, in which case, it would seem I explained the events clearly.

This has given me a fourth resolution idea:
1-We come to an agreement that my castle can stay 24 block in railway, because it would fit in with the theme.
2-HayanTokki moves my base, because I have been playing actively on my base for about 2 months (and even then, I would have to redesign my whole base, again{Not preferable})
3-None of the above are possible, so I need to destroy my whole base, then replace it, this will also cause an interference in between the Twin towers and my base.
*NEW* 4-I become a member of railway, so that I can keep the little 24 block part of my base. (Preferable)

P.S. I understand why you are mad about me claiming where Jonazzen's base was, but I was only doing this so that, if option 1 or 4 where chosen, in the meantime, no one would start building there and cause even more problems.

May I just add, I just checked, and it would seem that some of RAILWAY's folks have some claim in MY region; HolyCow, Redstonehermit and Mccrazygirl all have at least 10 blocks of their claims in my region...
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein
Mended
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Mended

22 Feb 2019, 14:36

Okay i want to first start off by saying i am sorry it's partly my fault too i did not inform the new members as my mental health was rapidly going down hill so i was becoming more and more inactive and me being me thus making me mostly my fault and you didn't miscalculate the regions are off by one block and we all should know this and as mayor i did agree to him building the gate in our region and it does fit the theme well because it is a castle and i have told him it was okay but i had no knowledge of her telling you this information and yes i should've been telling people this but like i said my mental health was rapidly going down hill and yes it sucked i had no motivation but that's besides the point i had already come to the agreement with him (you lolman1300) that you could but as i was becoming more and more inactive there has been more members joining and i have yet to put up a solid plans board also my fault therefore there should be no arguing about this i would love it if the castle was there and there was a town in it i think its a amazing idea that is one of the reasons i wanted to be mayor so i could build one but lolman has beat me to it and actually planned this out so I'm sorry for misinforming you guys or not informing you at all this is my own doing and i admit it i would prefer if his build keeps going as hes already put so much into it and its looking amazing btw I'm loving it also if it fits the theme or fits and blends then it belongs that's what i think and I'm sorry for such a long paragraph but this is the truth and what i believe i side with lolman and if i had known he was building it earlier then i would've started to help him but i did not realize it until i was invited by him to check it out so i granted him permission to build it into railway as long as he agrees to the terms and conditions which he has with me through my DM on discord or in game so he has permission from me to keep building it even if its 60 blocks in or a measly 4 it doesn't matter to me as long as it does not cross other buildings but it has and that's my fault i did not inform the owner of the build but it has now since been moved and or removed so that's my side also id like to say if you disagree with me then DM me or reply to this with your response. -Mended *improve (an unpleasant situation, especially a disagreement)*
Un pour tous, tous pour un; also inverted to All for one, and one for all- Alexandre Dumas père 1844
lolman13000
Hermit
Hermit

24 Feb 2019, 18:08

Thank you Mended for the clarification, and I'm sorry about your health issues, I had no idea.
About the claiming issues, I honestly don't care if members of Railway are a bit passed the region border, heck, I don't care if part of my wall is claimed by someone else, as long as I can build the wall (I know i sound like Trump....). I know that Xayer's base goes under a part of where my wall would be, that's fine, as long as he, or any other player who might have a claim interfering with my GREAT WALL (I sound like Trump again, srry...) do not wreck it.
What do you guys/gals think
thx,
lolman13000
-Albert Einstein
Mended
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Mended

11 Mar 2019, 04:15

i agree but its up to the members at this point but i still would love to see it built, also how do i make the memo thing at the bottom of my posts?
Un pour tous, tous pour un; also inverted to All for one, and one for all- Alexandre Dumas père 1844
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

11 Mar 2019, 13:14

Your signature can be modified via profile editing.