The /newestregion command doesn't seem to work for me.

You can talk about anything here.
Munchkin
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

08 Oct 2019, 15:11

Hi whoever is reading this,

Since I'm reasonably new I was asking around (in chat on the server) for some general advice regarding claiming a region. Kindly a user named AIKUS4N suggested that I used the /newestregion command and also the /new region command to find a wilderness region. When I tried the /new region command nothing except the unknown command dialogue came up, so in failing that I tried the other one. Whenever I did this, regardless if I was already there or not, it would just take me to the event region. However when they (AIKUS4N) tried it took them to a wilderness region. AIKUS4N also said that there had been a 10-minute server restart or something so that may have caused my issue, though I doubt that. As well as this another user has managed to claim a wilderness region only last week, so I don't think that its a change to the server itself.

I have also tried using /random region but I particularly wanted a wilderness region.

I will most likely try again Tomorrow afternoon-evening time BST and will update this accordingly.

Please, could somebody advise me what, if anything, that I was doing wrong and give me advice as what to do next, except of course if it was a bug in the command. If that's the case please let me know when it's fixed so I can try again.

Many Thanks
Munchkin (IGN: Munchkinnibbler) :D
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

08 Oct 2019, 16:43

Those are not valid commands.

The only way to find a wilderness region is to walk to it. /randomregion will only bring you to named random regions. From there look at the region pole and it will tell you which adjacent regions are Wilderness.

Do not that people may live in these wilderness regions and have the poles claimed. In which case you will need to find another, unclaimed wilderness region to settle in.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
Floki_Raven
Junior
Junior
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

09 Oct 2019, 09:49

Part of me wishes we would just name all the regions at server reset. Give them something generic like the coordinates or something.
Floki_Raven

I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood, and i have no problem with going out the same way.
Munchkin
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

27 Oct 2019, 11:13

Sorry for not responding, thanks for your help.

Munchkin