Trading Signs item names

You can talk about anything here.
Self-VoDsBETA
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tigsu

15 Nov 2019, 23:07

So I know how to input the needed words for trading signs however how would one input a name if that name is too long.
For example, I have a heck a lot of purpur blocks I wanna put up front for people to possibly buy but I can't figure out how to shorten the name without getting it to become void.

So I guess what I really want to ask is if there is some cheat code on all the ids (or some) for the trading signs that I could borrow??

Thanks so much,
Tig
"Small fire! I said to set a small fire! This is not small!"
"My leg just dematerialized and you want me to calm down?!"
"So you're human? Like 100% actual human? I've heard scary things about you guys."
Self-VoDsBETA
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

18 Nov 2019, 16:12

So since it's been three days and I've noticed a lot of crickets in the audience, I'ma gonna drop the discussion, thanks anyways, I had a feeling not too many people were familiar with the coding for the sign shops.

-Tig
"So you're human? Like 100% actual human? I've heard scary things about you guys."
Meechie1
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Meechie1

20 Nov 2019, 11:40

I just saw this post, basically you can put the item ID on the sign instead of the name for most sign plugins. You can find the ID online or you can find it in game if you have hover Ids turned on. Alternatly, make sure your are using the actual name of the block. for instance a purpur block has an ID name of purpur_block or a block id of 201
Self-VoDsBETA
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

21 Nov 2019, 08:51

Fantastic.

I did use to try the id codes originally by simply looking them up but they never worked originally. Thanks for the update :D
EpicHype
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: EpicHype

23 Nov 2019, 11:19

Also, is it just me or you can't sell more than a stack of a certain item? It's really weird for me. I have a stained glass store in Hypeland where I am *trying* to sell 2 stack/diamond with signs, but with certain ones it works perfectly, but with the others, the player can't buy from it, yet the sign still takes the items from my inventory when I am refilling stock/breaking the sign to get the items back.

Also, also, if you break the block on which the sign was standing, you loose all of the items you got from the trades and the stock. So just a fun fact for y'all.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

25 Nov 2019, 10:33

Variants do not work. Colored glass, stone variants, different wood, etc. If it requires extra digits after a colon, it will not work.

(Eg: 1:2)