Admin shops

Requests such as player information, an extension of claim expiry, or other general requests to seniors that cannot be categorized into currently existing forum subcategories should be addressed here.
World_Of_Janey
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Queen_Janey

I was wondering if admin shops are going to be built again? Like the ones in new town before the reset? I heard a rumour that they’re not being built again, and wanted to ask, if this is the case if seniors would reconsider, I know I am not the only one who misses them, Particularly seeing as market still isn’t open, I have made quite afew Rhines since the reset and am keen to convert them into diamonds, as that is the currency that the majority of players seem to be using and seem to want to continue using.. please reconsider
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

We currently do not have a compatible shop plugin which is why market is not active and likewise why we currently do not have admin shops that exchange in rhines. To make up for it, we have put NPC shops temporarily to make up for the lack of admin shops.
World_Of_Janey
Hermit
Hermit

I’m not aware of what ‘NPC shops’ are I’m afraid? But I’m really wanting to change my Rhines into diamonds, as no one wants to use Rhines because there are no shops to use them in and because of that other players don’t want to use them
T3chn0Crafter
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: T3chn0Crafter

There is currently no good way to get rid of rhines - at some point there may be admin shops to use up the ones players may have acquired but because - as you said - no one is using them, it’s unlikely full sets of shops will be established.

NPC shops are the few custom villagers there are around the map for trading
Antidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Floki_Raven
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Floki_Raven

Why cant we use Essential signs???

"Don't Let the Perfect Be the Enemy of the Good"
Floki_Raven

I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood, and i have no problem with going out the same way.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

We strayed away from essential signs for the reasons that were addressed in senior forums and a few times in regular player access forum. Any variation of a block did not register. Stone is 1, granite was 1:1. Thus granite did not exist. But this should be remedied with the next update of essentials, or we hope anyway.
World_Of_Janey
Hermit
Hermit

I believe people will begin to use Rhines again if admin shops are added, and what is there to lose by adding an admin ‘currency’ shop? People who prefer diamonds can continue to use them, but for people who prefer using the server currency those admin shops were really useful. As far as I am concerned, Rhines are definitely a USP for the server, and admin shops will encourage more players to use them.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

Again, I'm all for rhines to come back but if we don't have a plugin that can make that happen, then we can't use rhines. Any variation of blocks did not register and this rendered a lot of shops completely useless.