Community Region Rules

You can talk about anything here.
Munchkin
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

Just out of sheer interest, I was wondering what people would consider to be good / bad rules for a community region. Please reply your thoughts as to what rules are best and worst for a region. Thanks :D Munchkin
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
YuriLuvr
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: YuriLuvr

do not build without permission

no mining allowed

no griefing

please respect other players claims

please ask any questions to the mayor {assuming you're the mayor}
I lie to myself all the time, but i never believe me
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

Worst community region rule:
Build like INSERT STYLE HERE or else.
- I understand people want players to come in and build a specific style in a community region, but overall, I really personally dislike seeing when people add in the rule with "or else you'll be kicked, or else you'll be reported, or else your build will be forcibly taken down, etc". I've seen this so often through the years, it really grates on me. If you are a mayor and want a specific type of build style or aesthetic, please vet your residents before you allow them to settle there.

Good community info:
Give your residents a time schedule of your availability. "I usually play after 3pm EST". It's so easy to forget that people from all over the world are on the server so not all times match up. Especially during school days. You can increase being able to actually play live with your community this way. This isnt a rule you can implement, but it can be on a sign close to where you have your region rules posted. It helps quite a bit.
Munchkin
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

Sorry for not replying to either of you, thanks for your ideas. Ideally, I would be mayor of my wilderness region and I'll be requesting to have it registered as a community one but that probably won't happen until I have built it up a bit. I will take your ideas into account when making up some rules as I had no idea where best to start.
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D