AFK and mob cap.

You can talk about anything here.
lolman13000
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: lolman13000

16 Mar 2019, 14:38

I just re-read the AFK rules, but I still have a few questions.

First off, can I be idle at my AFK fish farm? I mean idle by not moving, but still being at/beside the screen. Of course when I leave my screen I will log off, therefore not being AFK.

Secondly, I would like to know if I can build a mob grinder (Mumbo's old version, not imago's newer one, which is more laggy). On the last server (V2) I made Mumbo's one with Leximan04, but soon after he told me to tear it down because it's against the rules, but after recently consulting the forums, I have not seen any rules against these kind of farms, in V3 anyways.

thx,
lolman13000
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

16 Mar 2019, 15:28

You can be idle for 15 minutes at your fish farm or anywhere else. I personally usually sit in front of my computer and play my 3DS while I fish for 15 minutes, empty the chest and repeat. The idea is for those that arent active on the server to not be able to eat resources. It is important that you do your best to be in the computer's vicinity. We do activity checkups where we will splash potions, teleport the player, or even try to talk to them to make sure they are actively there. This makes botting the 15 minutes impossible as well.

Mob farms are allowed. We just recommend you dont make them as each mob farm made results in less and less mobs for everyone. Will it work? Yes. But not effectively. If you had 100 spawn per hour allowed and one mob farm on the server, you would have 100 in one mob farm. If you had two farms on the server, that's 50 per hour. If you had 20 farms, that's only 5 per hour. The less mob farms there are, the better the rates for existing mob farms as well as the random spawns in the overworld.
lolman13000
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: lolman13000

31 Mar 2019, 14:35

Right, thanks.
May I then suggest that we (the hermits) make ONE public mob farm for everyone to use freely?

thx,
lolman13000
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

12 Apr 2019, 11:20

There are plenty of free public mob farms made by seniors for use by everyone. The issue is that everyone makes their own mob farms anyway regardless.
Cobbett
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: Cobbett

13 Apr 2019, 05:32

Passive mob farms are fine, but ones that use water (like Mumbo's) or pistons are far too laggy, sorry.

They're usually not worth building anyway, as rates for mob capped spawns on multiplayer servers are too low.
pandawee
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: pandawee

09 May 2019, 23:04

Are there public iron/creeper farms? Those are the only ones I'm interested in, and for the good of the server I'm willing to refrain from creating one of those, only if there is an open, public one for everyone to use.