Make Sponges Obtainable Again

You can talk about anything here.
Pairodox
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: Pairodox

13 May 2019, 00:46

Hey this is Pairodox, and I'd like to point out that getting sponges is very difficult for any player that has joined after the closing of the Sponge Shop in the 1.12 Market Region. Sponges are a very important tool for various creative projects within the game of Minecraft. To fix this issue in our 1.13 world, we have three options:

For starters, we could reopen the sponge shop with similar mechanics as before. The signshop would be managed by administrators and would allow a player to purchase 4 sponges every two weeks. This has worked in the past but I believe that there is a more dynamic and vanilla-feeling method to achieve this.

This method would be by introducing a custom sponge item drop to normal guardians at a very low drop chance. This drop chance should be no greater than 1/1000 and no less than 1/5000, and should only be possible when the guardian is killed by a player, not by any other means . This prevents automation of this process, keeps sponges rare in the economy, and provides and extra incentive to start farming guardians for more than xp. Since guardians have thorns, it would be still a challenge to collect sponges even in guardian farms such as Shard.

Our third option is to do nothing to improve the sponge situation, which is what we've done so far. I think the options presented would give newer players better access to the useful tools that older players have, but not without a reasonable amount of effort.

-Pairo
"By denying scientific principles, one may maintain any paradox" -Galileo Galilei
Self-VoDsBETA
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tigsu

13 May 2019, 09:49

Thank goodness someone has the same thought process as I do. Seriously, I think this is a brilliant idea and I agree, sponges are rare these day to come by, especially if you're new to the server.
"Wake up Lieutenant!"
"Yes Stiles, a werewolf. Would you like me to draw you a picture?"
"I'm a little behind the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is 'OMG'."
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

14 May 2019, 11:42

:) When you're free, check around central.