Christmas in July~*

You can talk about anything here.
ronweasleyo
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: ronweasleyo

11 Jun 2019, 04:24

Hi! Ron here.

Some of you may know this about me: I love love love celebrations! *party blower noise* Birthdays, Wednesdays, and yes- holidays!
Incoming is July 14th, which for me is Christmas in July. Not a "real" holiday, you say? Well, halfway right xD

Our version of 'Christmas in July' was started by my brothers and I as a ploy to get extra christmas presents from our sister (who was way older than us and probably saw right through us :D), but over the many years has become more of a day to celebrate and get to know each other a little more.

What's the difference between 'Christmas' and 'Christmas in July'?

While Christmas is often the 'king of holidays' for those who celebrate it, (huuuge family plans and extravagant gifts), Christmas in July is more about the little everyday things that make up our relationships (My brother really likes my jacket and I barely use it? Heh, he has nice taste. I'll wrap it up and give it to him. My sister had a bad day? I'll make her a little origami sheep because she likes those), but with a little festive flair. There's always handmade decorations and little gifts.

If this seems lame to you, fair enough xD
But I invite all of you to Starjelly's Bay of Holidays from July 13th-15th for a Christmas in July festival. There will be be cake, pig races, optional gift exchange, and best of all, each other :).
I hope to see you there!

Notes:
-In the spirit of the holiday, I welcome if any you would like to bring your own 'handmade' decorations.
-If you'd like to participate in the gift exchange, let me know in this thread or in-game so that I can add something for you to the activities.
An apple a day keeps everyone away if you throw hard enough.
FlowerAndNika
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: FlowerAndNika

11 Jun 2019, 09:05

Hi ronweasleyo, I love celebrations too! I would like to participate the event. Hopefully I'm not away these days. If you would like me to make gifts or something for the party, I'll do it gladly. Maybe I can make cookies, pumpkin pies, fireworks, etc. Will you have a horse race? Thank you for the idea :)
Self-VoDsBETA
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tigsu

11 Jun 2019, 14:08

I should be able to crash this party. The gift exchange is a smart idea, count me in like always : D
"Small fire! I said to set a small fire! This is not small!"
"My leg just dematerialized and you want me to calm down?!"
"So you're human? Like 100% actual human? I've heard scary things about you guys."
ConsumerJunk
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: ConsumerJunk

11 Jun 2019, 20:56

I sadly won't be able to attend, but if I could somehow setup a gift for the exchange in advance or help out with anything I'd love to

Code: Select all

Fun fact, the [code] BBCode tag won't display the HTML code you just 
spent 30 minutes on.
ronweasleyo
Hermit
Hermit

12 Jun 2019, 18:05

Thanks for the responses! @consumer, dont worry, i'll include you. @nika, pig races are my specialty but i'll see what i can set up for horses :D
FlowerAndNika
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: FlowerAndNika

13 Jun 2019, 02:34

@ronweasleyo Please don't worry about the horse race! I prefer the pig race because it's more interesting :) Lets make easy, simple and fun events. :idea: Will you set up a chest or something for players who would like to donate prizes such as diamonds, irons, golds, or even a skulker box? Thanks
lieuwe_berg
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: lieuwe_berg

18 Jun 2019, 12:48

Count me in!

Unfortunately, the 13th is the last day I'll be able to play, as I'm going on vacation the following day (Sunday). Though if there's anything happening the 13th, I'll be there!
https://imgur.com/a/xg3zw6y
BlockHermit memories
Fred583
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Fred583

02 Jul 2019, 22:44

Oooo! Oooo! Me too!

I would love to participate! I think your idea of a holiday like that is great for social relationships! I should be available at that time, so I'm in!

Also as a side note, is it okay if I message you on Discord? I have a question to ask.

Thanks!
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends".
ronweasleyo
Hermit
Hermit

04 Jul 2019, 01:37

Fasho, anyone feel free to msg me on discord w/ questions
LayaElisabeth
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: LayaElisabeth

04 Jul 2019, 16:06

ooh, i wanna participate too..